PUBG is a big success in Indian markets. Now to alienate owners of low-spec smartphones from PUBG Mobile fun, PUBG Corp. is working on a new version of this game for Indian markets. The game is light and makes use of less resource intensive version of the game. This new version is PUBG Mobile lite and will be available soon in India.
Positively, this new version of PUBG is available in the Philippines. Besides that, according to Tencent, this new game is under testing to optimize it for Indian network and devices. But, if you can’t hold yourself to test this game out before official arrival, here’s how you can install the game on your budget-smartphone.
There is no listing for the game on the play store for now. Now, to install PUBG Lite, follow these steps:
1. Download the APKPure app from here.
2. Look for the game by searching in the search bar.
3. Download the APK file.
5. Go to Settings on your phone and switch to the “general” tab, if needed.
6. Tap on the “Security” option.
7. Tick the checkbox next to the “Unknown Sources” option.
8. Confirm the warning message by tapping on OK.
9. Navigate to the file manager.
10. Install the PUBG Mobile Lite APK on your smartphone.
11. Now, you need a free VPN to connect to the Philippines server to enter a battle royale.
Besides all that, there are a lot of differences between the PUBG Mobile and its Lite version. The significant difference is the maximum number of players in a battle royale match. This figure has been reduced from 100 to 40 in PUBG Mobile Lite. Also, now the size of maps is smaller at 2×2 km.
Now, you will not be able to tweak the graphics settings on this new version. Besides that, the average span of a match is roughly 10 minutes, this is due to a significantly lesser number of players, and more close quarter combat on the smaller battlefield.